"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives.
It is the one that is most adaptable to change" - Charles Darwin
The media is still awash with reports of the ever accelerating cases of the COVID-19 infections the world over and it appears not to have an end in sight.
The panic and anxiety are still overwhelming as people continue to live on the edge because not only has the pandemic trailed death tolls in its wake, it has equally brought social and economic breakdown alongside.
Apparently, at some point, we would have to realize that staying home will not be enough and the lockdown will not remain forever. So, while the government is taking necessary measures and seeking feasible options to flatten the curve, you should equally start seeking ways to navigate life's activities as well.
Truth is, life will never remain the same, hence, it is in everyone's best interest to forge towards moving on with life in spite of COVID-19.
So, away from the fear and worry in the air, this article presents practical tips to cope with the new reality as it is about time you thought outside the box and embrace viable alternatives in all facets of life. For everything that was put on hold as a result of the crisis, it is time to go back to them.
• Continue your education online. By now, COVID-19 should no longer be an excuse to stop learning. You can take online courses that are beneficial to your field. Great sites for this form of learning include Udemy, Coursera, edX, Khan Academy and so on.
• Learn an online skill that you can exchange for money. Skills like baking, fashion design, makeup, barbing can be learnt through watching videos online. YouTube remains a suitable resource for this.
• Leverage digital marketing for your business. Ample use of digital marketing is one of the best ways you can help your business remain afloat during COVID-19. However, it is imperative to be careful about the kind of digital marketing campaigns you pivot this period, taking into consideration the uncertainties that becloud customers' judgement in times like these. Be strategic.
• Embrace telemedicine. Telemedicine is the use of technology to deliver care to patients remotely via a computer or smartphone. In this case, you do not necessarily need an in-person visit to the hospital. With telemedicine, nothing stops you from continuing your doctor appointments. And if you must go to the hospital, you do not have to just show-up. Schedule an appointment with any hospital of your choice on KompleteCare. This way, you have the right people on ground prior to your arrival.
KompleteCare is one of the virtual platforms that you can use to talk to a certified doctor from your home through Online video/audio Consultation. You can get more insights on How to Access Affordable, Cost Effective and Quality Health care in Nigeria despite COVID-19.
• Make activities in your company more digital-friendly. If before COVID-19, you were used to organizing seminars and workshops in your organization, you still can. Only that this time, it will be in the form of webinars and online trainings instead. And in the event that your workers may not work from home, endeavor to avoid unnecessary physical work meetings as much as you can by using conference calls via applications like Zoom, Google Hangout, Skype, Slack and Microsoft Teams. Amidst this global health crisis, one truth we must all embrace is that life must go on.
There was life before the pandemic and there still will be one when this war is over.
What's important is how you accustom yourself with the new reality of living in a COVID-19 world.